Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tuna Tartare and roast beet salad from McCormick & Schmick in San Jose

I've been traveling (a lot!) and therefore eating in restaurants more than cooking at home.  One memorable meal was in McCormick and Schmick in San Jose CA.  I usually want nothing more than a plate of oysters on the half-shell, but the waitress confided that the oysters were not very flavorful as they are out of season.  Wow, was she right:  I ordered just one, and I almost spit it out!  Very bitter and dry.  Yucko.
Fortunately, I ordered two wonderful dishes that more than satisfied:
this colorful beet salad contained red and golden beets, a lovely basil oil, and slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and micro-greens

tuna tartare served with flat bread.  Aside from capers I couldn't reverse-engineer the dish

No comments:

Post a Comment