Friday, October 8, 2010

Steak Dinner Leftovers Stir Fry

We often have a steak dinner on the weekends, and if we have leftovers, I am always looking for ways to use them.  I begin with a sweet onion chopped and saute in a swig of olive oil, just enough to coat the pan and onions.

2 already baked potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces and set aside

From the frig, I added 2 cups of pre cooked broccoli and one zucchini, but into bite size pieces

The potatoes are ready to throw in.  and if you have any tomatoes on hand, cut it up and add it to the pan.  Lightly salt and pepper the ingredients in the stir fry pan

I had some carrots too that I had pre-cooked, so they weren't hard - add them to the pan.  You might have to throw in some more olive oil to keep the ingredients moistened so they really cook and meld with the oil

At the end, I added the other half of my steak, chopped into bite size pieces - cook to heat through.

a nice steak and veggie stir fry for a quick dinner.  You could add rice or noodles to this dish too.

Leftovers stored in an air tight container  in the frig for lunch next week

No comments:

Post a Comment