Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Comfort Food - Chicken Casserole

This is my "comfort food" standard and it is easy to prepare. Start with 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Salt and pepper on both sides and add to a glass baking pan in about 1/4" of chicken broth. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. The chicken will be moist and tender.
In the meantime, cook Uncle Bens Roasted Chicken Rice in the microwave. Sometimes I use Trader Joes Jasmine rice that also cooks in the microwave. Open a can of Cream of Chicken soup.
After you cook the chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks.
You will need another baking dish; add the Cream of Chicken soup and about a 1/4 can of water, the cut-up chicken and rice. Stir together.
Cut up 3 zucchini and microwave for 4 minutes. I use a Pampered Chef Micro Cooking system.
Add the zucchini to the casserole. I also added left over green beans, and this recipe lends itself to using whatever you have in the frig. Mix the veggies in.
I added a handful of these yummy Garlic Pepper Onions and some grated low fat cheese blend on the top which will form a nice crust when cooked.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1/2 an hour.
Scoop it out and serve. We had peaches with our dinner! Since there are only 2 of us at home, I can take the rest of the casserole to my parents for them to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment