Three incredible stove simmers! Click through for the ingredients list. You guys know I have a deep and abiding love for all things cozy. I have shared my go-to stove simmer recipe in the past but wanted to branch out and try some new recipes this year.
If you've never used a stove simmer, here are the basics! You fill pot with water and some ingredients that will create a lovely smell, then you leave it simmering on low heat and your home will fill with the scent. It's natural and smells stronger than any candle I've ever used. You can use it for a couple days (refilling the water as it get low) and it will keep working, although it gets REAL ugly by the end. If you've never tried it, I insist you must!
Recipe 1- Bay leaves, lemon slices, lime slices, 2 cinnamon sticks and some cloves in half a lemon. 
This simmer is light and fresh. I made is specifically for those of you who don't love the heavy spice scent (which I do love!). After an hour of burning, it wasn't quite strong enough for me. So I added a few sprigs of eucalyptus and an extra cinnamon stick and you could smell the light fragrance throughout all our living areas. So fresh and clean! 
Three incredible stove simmers! Click through for the ingredients list.Recipe 2- One orange halved with cloves, 3 cinnamon sticks, fresh cranberries and lemon peels.
This one smells like apple cider (but better) and every person who walks into your home will ask you what you're baking! 
Three incredible stove simmers! Click through for the ingredients list.  Recipe 3- Pine cones, apples and cinnamon. 
This one is perfect for fall! It smells like you're baking an apple pie in EVERY room of your home. So good! 
Let me know which ones you guys love! I wish I had a scratch & sniff feature here on the blog so you could test them out. :) xx- Elsie 
Note: Be sure to use only natural ingredients without dyes or artificial scents.
Credits// Author and Photography: Elsie Larson. Photos edited with A Beautiful Mess Actions