Saturday, September 19, 2015

"Love and Lemons": a fun new food blog discovery!

I am eating almost exclusively plant-based these days and therefore am frequently trolling the internet for inspiration.  This will be a helpful resource for me since I live right "down the road" from Austin in San Antonio.  That means that she will be cooking with the same things that are fresh for me.

I found this post today and loved the blog so much I decided to share it.  Please stop over to the Love and Lemons website to check out all the great recipes she creates using fresh food.

This recipe really grabbed my attention.  I love that it can be adjusted in a variety of ways, vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore:

VEGGIE TACOS WITH AVOCADO-TOMATILLO SALSA

Roasted Vegetable Tacos with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa / loveandlemons.com
I know – another taco recipe already? Well, I like tacos. I’m sure you do too because you are here after all. In all honesty, these were originally going to become enchiladas until I stopped short. Which is why they’re in a baking pan. Plus, it was a convenient way to get floppy tacos to stand up for the photo.
The plan was to make something similar to this creamy poblano enchilada sauce, but using avocados, pepitas, spinach and tomatillo salsa instead. The end result? I couldn’t stop eating this awesome sauce straight from the food processor with a spoon.
It’s so fresh and bright and I knew I’d wreck it if I tried to cook it. So taco night it was – with extra green sauce on the side.
Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa / loveandlemons.com
I roasted patty pan squash, eggplant, a red pepper, and cherry tomatoes. But you can roast whatever vegetables you have – anything goes. If you’re craving fall foods, roasted sweet potatoes would be delicious here instead. I stuffed my tacos with black beans and topped them with serrano slices and a little cotija cheese. Skip the cheese if you’re vegan, (it’s not all that necessary).
Roasted Vegetable Tacos with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa / loveandlemons.com
This taco recipe serves about two with lots of extra sauce – double your taco count to serve four. Or save the leftover sauce and eat it yourself the next day.
Roasted Vegetable Tacos with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa / loveandlemons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment