Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tortellini with pumpkin, arugula, and celery "foam"

I must admit, I'm unsure how I feel about all this "foam" business in the culinary world.  It seems pretentious to me.  Then, I get to sample something really amazing.
Today I had a small lunch at our hotel in Amsterdam before taking a tram to the Van Gogh museum.
I'm tagging along with my husband, who is here on business.
This small dish was exquisite.  There were 4 tortellinis.  It was the perfect amount of food.
First, a small round of rustic whole grain bread.
And, that wonderful European butter.  Yum.
A lovely dish.  A few shavings of romano cheese over the top.
The seasonings were delicate and did not overpower the pumpkin or the celery foam.


The pasta was thin and tender.  Oh my.

This foam doesn't look like much, but it really made the dish special.


No comments:

Post a Comment