Thursday, September 9, 2010

Arugula Salad with Warm Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onions, & Blackberries

I love to combine unexpected ingredients in salads.  My produce box this week included a butternut squash.  Usually, I halve and roast it, then mash it up like potatoes with butter, salt, and pepper.

Last night I skinned the squash, cubed it and tossed it in a baggie with olive oil to coat, then spread it in a baking pan and sprinkled my homemade curry on it.  The cubes roasted for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees, then I transferred them to a 200 degree oven until I was ready to plate the salad.  I roasted the sliced onions for approximately the same timeframe.
cubed squash is nicely coated with olive oil in a baggie

dry curry mix is sprinkled over the cubes prior to roasting.

I apologize for forgetting to photograph the plated salad!  See what extensive travel does to me?  I forget to photograph my food while cooking!  I promise:  I AM cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment